Sunday 3 May 2015

Beginnings

Fireball Lig-na-Paiste is an Irish Dragon and a Boxing Buddy. There are several translations of Lig-na-Paiste but the one I like is 'Last Great Reptile'. Saint Patrick chased all the serpents out of Ireland, but the Irish dragon called Lig-na-Paiste remained overlooked. The dragon outlived Saint Patrick, terrorising the neighbourhood until St. Murrough defeated it.

Fireball Lig-na-Paiste (Fireball for short) seemed a good name for my Boxing Buddy as he might be the Last Great Boxing Buddy. The Atlas Quest Boxing Buddy board has is very quiet now and Boxing Buddies seem to have gone out of fashion, but I wanted someone to accompany me, helping to maintain or plant Irish letterboxes blogging as we go, so I created this Boxing Buddy for myself. Of course, like the original Lig-na-Paiste, Fireball lives in Ireland too :-)

Fireball Lig-na-Paiste has a bag in which to carry his signature stamp, and his own logbook in which he hopes to stamp some Irish finds and record his travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment